What You Need
1 can coconut milk
16 ounces beef bone broth
4 carrots, sliced
2 zucchini, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 chicken breasts, diced
1 tbsp turmeric
3 cloves garlic
1 bunch fresh basil
1/2 tsp cumin
14 cardamom pods, crushed or 1 tsp ground cardamom
Salt & Pepper
What You Need To Do
1. Combine all the ingredients except chicken into a large, shallow pan or pot
2. Simmer until the vegetables become slightly soft, stirring regularly
3. Add chicken and simmer until the liquid has reduced into a creamy consistency
4. Salt & Pepper to taste.
• If you don’t like chunks of cardamom in your curry, be sure to put it in a little cheesecloth pouch so you can easily remove it before serving.
• I added the basil on the stem in addition to some loose leaves, then removed the stem before serving.
• Be patient, the sauce will take time to reduce and absorb all the flavors.
• You can add any veggies you like, though root veggies and squash do best.
• Serve over rice.