This is a super simple sauce, similar to the Artichoke & Herb Creamy Pesto, that can be made ahead and used in several applications. In the photo, I used the sauce on some Julian Bakery Paleo Pizza Crust with sun dried tomatoes, crisp bacon, kalamata olives, roasted garlic and fresh basil and oregano.
What You Need
1 Jar Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
1-1.5 Cups Fresh Basil (depending on how basily you want it to be)
2 cloves garlic (roasted or fresh)
What You Need To Do
1. Set aside a few sun dried tomatoes, then pour the rest of the contents into a blender or food processor.
2. Add 1 cup of the fresh basil leaves and all the garlic.
3. Blend it until it’s no longer super chunky.
4. Add olive oil and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency – it’s really up to you how thin you want your sauce to be, but keep in mind more oil is more calories.
5. Taste it, add salt and more basil if needed and blend until it’s all combined.
• I like to use the glass container the tomatoes come in to store the sauce. It’s an easy way to recycle them and if you don’t add too much oil, everything fits perfectly.
• The sauce is a weird color, but it tastes good. That’s what happens when you combine green leaves and red tomatoes.
• If you want your sauce a little spicy, add red pepper flakes.
Makes 6 servings
Approximately 118 calories per serving