What You Need
2 Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp Baja Spice Rub (see tips below)
2 Cups Riced Cauliflower
1 Cup Shredded Cabbage
What You Need To Do
1. Generously sprinkle the chicken breasts with the spice blend.
2. Cut one lime in half, squeeze the juice onto the chicken breast and use the lime to massage it in. (1/2 lime for each breast)
3. Place the chicken on a grill or grill pan.
4. Spread the riced cauliflower onto a sheet pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in a 400 degree oven for 6 minutes, move it around and cook for another 6 minutes.
5. Combine the riced cauliflower, cabbage and cilantro with a squeeze of 1/2 a lime and toss it together.
6. Top with diced chicken, avocado, salsa and lime wedges.
• Yes, it’s a lot of avocado. That’s how I like it. You can use less to reduce the calories and fat.
• If you don’t know how to rice cauliflower, here is a handy guide. I buy mine pre-riced at Trader Joes. Because the extra 75 cents over a whole head of cauliflower is worth not having to deal with little tiny white specs all over my counter or the bother of getting out the food processor.
• Baja Spice Rub contains cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Spice House makes a great blend called Pilsen Latino Seasoning, but any Mexican style spice blend will work if you don’t want to mix your own.
• If you’re not going low carb, put this bad boy in a tortilla. Because it’s probably delicious. And if you’re not grain-free, throw some mayo-covered corn on the grill, too, while you’re at it.
Makes 2 servings
Approx 372 calories per serving