This isn’t a recipe, but I wanted to share this photo anyway. I was short on time and wanted to eat something delicious so I took a look at the prepared meats section at Trader Joe’s. It’s not bad and I highly suggest checking out pre-marinated meats at your local grocer. Sure, it costs more, but sometimes time is money and your time is more valuable.
What You Need
1 Package of Chimichurri Steak from Trader Joe’s
1 Package of Baby Broccoli, also from Trader Joe’s
What You Need To Do
1. Remove the meat from the package, cover with plastic wrap to protect it from the elements and let it rest until it reaches room temperature.
2. Throw it on the grill (or a grill pan in my case) until it reaches your ideal internal temperature.
3. While the meat is resting, grill the baby broccoli, turning regularly to prevent too much char. Just a little char is delish, though.
• Your broccoli will not get soft on the grill. If you want it soft, blanch it (boil it until it turns bright green, then dunk it in cold water) before grilling.
• Meat cooking temps: 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium, 170 for well done, aka, why-are-you-eating-this?