What You Need
1 Pound Ground Turkey
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Onion, diced
2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
1 Tbsp Jerk Seasoning
1 Cup Brown Rice
1 Tsp Turmeric
2 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
4 Heads Romaine Lettuce
1 Cup Tortilla Chips (optional)
What You Need To Do
1. Bring the water to a boil, add brown rice and turmeric, return to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
2. Once the rice has begun to simmer, combine peppers and onions in a large skillet and cook until soft on medium heat.
3. Add the turkey and seasonings, cook until done.
4. Set the turkey mixture aside until the rice is finished.
5. In a small bowl, combine room temperature chicken stock and arrowroot powder. Be sure the powder is completely dissolved.
6. When the rice is done, add it to the skillet with the turkey and pepper mixture.
7. Add the chicken stock and stir the mixture until the liquid is fully incorporated.
8. Continue to cook on medium heat, turning the mixture occasionally so the rice doesn’t burn.
9. Once the liquid is mostly dissolved, remove from heat and cool slightly to allow the sauce to thicken.
10. Serve over a bed of romaine lettuce and top with crushed tortilla chips.
Approx. 340 calories per serving