What You Need
1 Pound Boneless Ribeye, sliced thin (or any cut of meat you prefer)
1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into large chunks
1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into large chunks
1/2 Onion, cut into large chunks
2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
2 Celery Stalks, sliced
1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
For The Sauce
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Chili Paste
1 Tbsp Honey
Salt & Pepper
What You Need To Do
1. Mix the ingredients for the sauce, add the sauce and beef to a plastic bag and marinate for an hour.
2. Add all veggies into a saute pan and cook them until they’re all soft.
3. Create a hole in the center of the veggies and add the meat and sauce.
4. Turn the meat so it cooks evenly and toss it with the veggies.
5. Mix the arrowroot powder with some room-temperature water to create a thick liquid.
6. Add the liquid to the stir fry and continue to toss until the mixture is incorporated.
7. Salt & Pepper to taste.
• The arrowroot powder will thicken the sauce, but if you add it in before everything is cooked, it will make the mixture lumpy. Cornstarch also works, but use about half if opting for cornstarch.
• This goes great over zucchini noodles, brown rice, regular noodles, quinoa … pretty much anything.
• You can forego arrowroot and cornstarch all together, but if you’re using zucchini noodles, the extra liquid will make them watery, so strain your stir fry before serving it.
• Using a cast iron pan or wok will make the dish more flavorful.
Makes 4 servings
Approx. 315 calories per serving