These are incredibly easy to make and you can fill them with whatever you want. We had hamburger patties left from our Fourth of July BBQ, so I decided to use them instead of bacon.
What You Need
2 Hamburger Patties (or 1 pound seasoned ground beef and 1/4 of an onion)
2 Tbsp Water
Salt & Pepper to taste
What You Need To Do
1. Cook the meat. If you’re using ground beef and raw onions, brown it in a pan. If you’re using leftover hamburgers, just chop them up. They don’t need to be warm, but shouldn’t be frozen.
2. Fill the muffin tin with meat, leaving some air for the egg to fill in.
3. Whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper.
4. Pour over beef until the muffin cups are full.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
• The egg will expand a little, so leave a little room or your muffins may come out with some weird muffin tops.
• The purpose of these is to make a week’s worth of breakfast in one day, so it’s important not to overcook them since they will be reheated and cook further.
• If you want to make these for a brunch party, use a mini muffin tin for bite-sized convenience.
• If your muffin tin doesn’t have a really great nonstick surface, spray the cups with cooking spray before adding the meat.
Approximately 145 calories per serving