What You Need
1 Pound fish
8 Jumbo shrimp
1 Can crushed tomatoes
1.5 Cups chicken broth
1/2 Cup sliced portobello mushrooms
1/2 Cup grilled zucchini
1/2 Cup grilled eggplant
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
12 Cardamom pods
1/2 Tbsp ground corriander
1 Bay leaf
Salt & Pepper
What You Need To Do
1. Bring chicken broth to a rolling boil, then reduce to a simmer.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, seasoning, cardamom and salt & pepper and cook until it’s reduced by about a quarter to a third.
3. While the sauce is reducing, cut the fish into cubes.
4. Add veggies to the liquid.
5. Add fish and simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Add shrimp at the end and turn off the heat just as the shrimp turns pink.
• The longer the broth simmers, the more flavor is imparted from the cardamom and bay leaf. If you want to simmer for a long time, make sure the pot is covered to avoid over-reduction.
• I used yellowfin tuna, which held up very nicely and added great flavor, but any firm, meaty fish will do.
• I had leftover grilled veggies. If you don’t have pre-cooked vegetables, add the raw veggies in Step 2.
• Serve over rice or quinoa.