What you need
2 Chicken breasts
6-8 Stalks of asparagus
4-6 Stalks of celery
3 Cloves of smashed garlic
Water or chicken broth
Asian Seasoning (I use Spice House Argyle Street Asian Blend)
Grill or grill pan
Pan with lid
What you need to do
1. Season chicken breasts with pepper and place on a pre-heated grill pan
2. Chop celery and asparagus into similarly-sized chunks and season generously with Asian seasoning
3. Toss into hot pan with garlic and about a tsp of water or chicken broth
4. Saute veggies while the chicken cooks, adding a little bit of liquid at a time as it evaporates. Cover to further steam the veggies, but keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
5. When the chicken is cooked (160 degrees internal temp), let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
6. Toss the veggies and chicken together.
• When you’re not cooking with oil, it’s important to keep a close eye on the veggies so they don’t burn. Adding the liquid a little at a time is kind of like deglazing the pan and keeps the concentrated flavors of the seasoning on the veggies instead of burnt on the bottom of the pan.
• You can also marinate the chicken in some soy sauce or coconut aminos and fresh orange juice prior to grilling for more flavor. When I made this, the diet required no added salt, so I did not add salt or aminos.