WHAT YOU NEED
2 chicken legs, bone-in and skin on
Seasoning (pick your favorite)
1 head purple cauliflower*
1/2 cup chicken or veggie stock
10 rainbow carrots*
1 cup arugula
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Grill or grill pan
Blender or food processor
*Regular cauliflower and carrots work just fine, too
WHAT TO DO
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Generously season the chicken legs
3. Sear chicken legs on a grill pan until dark brown grill marks appear then put them in the oven. Check the temperature every now and then. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
While the chicken is cooking:
4. Lightly salt and grill the carrots, turning frequently to prevent burning
5. Steam the cauliflower until soft, leave the lid on to preserve heat
6. Put the cauliflower into your food processor or blender with light salt and papper. Slowly add the chicken/veggie stock until the mixture reaches your preferred texture.
7. Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice, toss with arugula.
Plate your meal and finish with salt and pepper.
• Let the chicken rest a few minutes before putting it on the plate so you don’t get a bunch of juices messing up your presentations.
• Carrots are delicious with very little salt. Don’t overdo it!
• Over-blending the cauliflower will make it like paste. Process a little at a time.
• Always, ALWAYS leave plenty of room when blending or processing hot ingredients. The heat creates steam, which doesn’t like to be confined. Use caution when removing the lid.
• Purple cauliflower puree turns hot pink when it mixes with chicken juices and lemon.